Tuesday 11 March 2008

Encoding video into Flash

After I finished editing the video I wanted to import it into flash to make interactivity which gives the audience options to skip the video, pause, mute sound, change the volume or seek through the video.
However, I had many problems:

* Sometimes the video not completed and flash moves to the next sene which is the menu and that is when I choose the Progressive download from the deploying options like the following situation: click here

*I tried "Stream from Flash video Communication server" option with a high quality (700kb/s) and the result was very bad quality video. I gused that was because the orginal video was rendered in a medium quality.

* I chose to "Embed video in SWF and play in timeline" with the medium quality (400kb/s) the video was stopping after a specific frame.

* When I chose "Stream from Flash video streaming service" it works in a good quality unless I didn't put any other objects on the time line with the video. But I need to put the skip button and this was a new problem after having the video played. I realised that this was because of the playback skin I've been chosen with the video each time. The skin makes the video plays inside the timeline and I didn't want that to happen.

*Finally I've found the solution which was importing and controling the video all with action scripts. I search for action scripts which allow me to attach the video to a new video created in the library through the NetStream and Netconnection methods. Also I've created play controls with action scripts instead of the defult flash skin. Furthermore, I made the controls invisibule unless the user rollover the buttom of the video to view them.

Here is the final result.

No comments: