Thursday 17 April 2008

Archive home page design 3

I import the images of the shelves and the books into the flash and place them in different layers exactly under the sections designs. I made the designs layer unvisible so I could see the shelves and the books. Then I start applying different books images and create buttons for the Annual Conferences with differnt colours and effects, I was aiming to compare between different interface designs to choose the suitable one.



















Applying the time line effect "Drop shadow" in the rollover state of the button.











I have created these handles in 3D studio max for each door in the archive. I chose their colours to suite the designs.














I import the 3D handle images into Flash and convert them to buttons inside the movies of the doors. Using drag and drop functions in Action Script, I made the doors dragable from the point of the handles (buttons). Now the user can slide the 4 doors in the archive to what's inside them.








Here the first cubpoard totally opened, and the mouse is rollovering the button "7th conference" which showes the rollover effect.









I made some buttons black with brown shadow in rollover state and without books image behind to compare between different layouts.











Here, I made the shadow pink in the rollover state and keep the button black in the up state. Also I changed the alpha property of the books image but it looks so bad.









I decide to keep the buttons black because they stand more clearly in front of the books image.











No comments: