Thursday 24 April 2008

Stereo section

I created a stereo for GLOBE songs.

Content: I attached all the 12 songs to an array in action script, the user can control the volume, play, puase, stop and cycle through the songs by the buttons of mp3 player. I just write the name of the songs but they are not buttons, the user can't access them.

Design: I import a background image reflect the nature and a stereo image. Also, I thaught in a way that the user can know which song is playing each time. Therefore, I searched for free sprite and found this pink sprite moving up and down, the songs are cycling by the mp3 prev and nex button in the same order as I wrote them on the stage. By action scripts I made the sprite move to the correct song each time.

Interactivity: To make some interactivity on the page, I created this flowers thumbnails which are scrolling in opposite way for each other. When the user rollover one of the images the scroll movement stops and a white highlight appears on the top of the thumbnail - see the sun flower on the left-. Also, the user can change the speed of scrolling when pointing the mouse at the end edges of each scroll thumbnails.

Refernce: I did these scrolling thumbnails with the help of this video tutorial:

http://tutfree.blogspot.com/2008/01/adobe-flash-tutorial-scrolling.html

No comments: